Our Purpose:

To glorify God and keep His commandment to faithfully teach the next generation about His goodness by providing mutual support, encouragement, accountability and fellowship to new and experienced home school families in North Edmond through field trips, small group meetings, cooperative learning experiences, seasonal activities, mentor relationships, celebrations and informal/formal sharing/teaching opportunities.

Classes Meet At Waterloo Church of the Nazarene

Classes Meet at Waterloo Church of the Nazarene
457 W. Waterloo Rd.
Edmond, OK 73025



Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Hey everyone!  We are SO excited for the upcoming 2017-18 school year!!!!  We have 48 classes that will happen every Tuesday and over 50 active amazing families.

As this summer winds down, I am getting immersed in curriculum buying and lesson planning as I am sure all of you are too.  It can be overwhelming to say the least.  Coffee and chocolate are a must at times--or Mexican food!  Can I get an amen??? :)

I was reminded today about how quickly these years go by.  The Bible talks about our lives being a "vapor" and today was a day where I fully realized that...again.

God gave us these sweet children/teens to raise...teach...love...guide.  (And so many more other things too!)  I stopped today from all my planning to hang out with my oldest--on purpose.  I realized it seemed like 5 years had literally flown by---and I wanted to get that time back!  The Lord very gently reminded me what was most important:  NOT the best curriculum, NOT the most organized well-laid-out lesson plans, NOT whether all the dishes were clean and loaded in the dishwasher, NOT  even always knowing what to do.

My daughter's heart was the most important thing to Him...and to me for that matter.  So...we laughed.  We joked.  We poked fun at one another.  We ate ridiculously unhealthy Chinese food together.  We watched old shows from the early 90's together like Monk or Matlock.

And.  Made.  A.  Heart.  Connection.  Again.

Life is but a vapor.  In His wisdom, I won't quickly forget that.  Thank You Lord! :)

So...as you're planning...gathering curriculum...writing lesson plans...cleaning the house...WHATEVER...

Stop and connect.  Life goes by SO FAST.

Oh...and...YOU'RE DOING A FANTASTIC JOB, MOMMA.  :)

-Angie S.